The B3F November Strength Cycle
With COVID-19 cases going up pretty much everywhere, we still can’t move to the indoor box, but we keep the outdoor area open still on ‘Open Gym’ regimen for the time being.
We will continue to publish 3 workouts per week, so that you can still maintain a workout regimen. The workout schedule will remain the same. You will have one conditioning workout with a long(er) AMRAP and 2 workouts with a strength component, some accessory work and a shorter conditioning piece.
We will continue with some easier lifts and we recommend that you take it easy (with moderate weights in the beginning) to avoid injury and overtraining yourselves. All movements will come with an embedded instruction video link to make sure you execute the exercises properly and the workouts will be disturbed on a weekly basis via email.
The strength components for November will be the following.
- Workout 1 will have 3 different movements with the following exercises. A Single leg exercise (Single Leg Crossbody RDL), a Pushing movement (Ring Dips (scale down to ring dip negatives or box dips if need be) and a Squatting movement (Goblet squat + heartbeat)
- The 2nd workout of the week will be a conditioning workout and for the October month it will be a 35 min AMRAP.
A REMINDER ON THE DO’S AND DON’TS
- DO NOT FORGET TO WARM-UP:
We will make sure that there is a warmup included for every workout. Do not skip it! The temperatures have gradually gone down, so it’s very important that you are properly warmed up prior to starting your workout.
- DRESS PROPERLY
As mentioned above, the temperatures have started to drop, so make sure you have several layers when you come for your workout and that you have something warm and dry to cover yourselves with after you finish your workout.
- STAY HYDRATED
Make sure you stay hydrated throughout your workout.
- USE MODERATE WEIGHTS TO START WITH
To avoid injury especially for those who have not been working out for a while, there is no point in taking weights that are too heavy. Instead use moderate weights and focus on movement quality and respect for the prescribed tempo.
- DO NOT SHOW UP FOR THE WORKOUT IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
- AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: DISINFECT YOUR EQUIPMENT BEFORE AND AFTER YOU USED IT.
There are plenty of disinfectant products both for your hands and for the equipment in the outdoor sheds. Take the extra time to disinfect your equipment, even if that means that you need to spend 5 minutes longer. It is important that you protect yourself and your fellow athletes.