You want the freshness of a salad on a hot day, but you still want to have some proteins and healthy fats in it to make it a complete meal, then this chicken avocado salad is one of my favorite easy meals to go to for a Sunday lunch or dinner. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
Here is what you need for 1 portion
- 1 medium cooked chicken breast shredded or chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 30 gr roasted corn (but canned corn, if you don’t have any roasted will do)
- ½ red onion chopped up
- 1 tablespoon coriander minced (or parsley or dill, if you don’t like the taste of coriander)
- 1-2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, then mix it up and you’re ready to eat.